Monday, March 7, 2011

Mother versus Mother

the 2 mothers were always friendly on the surface. But underneath, the hidden currents are strong and dangerous.


I was aware from the beginning that this currents exist, even when my dear was still alive. Yet, my mum-in-law still remain at my house to help take care of Evan. I know she did it out of love for her daughter and did not want her to be too tired from wokring and taking care of the baby. Of course, Evan was her daughter's so she love him and wanted the best care for him also. For all the help she has renderred, I'm deeply grateful and touched. She'll always be the best mum-in-law in my heart.


Since dear's death however, this hidden currents seems to have deepen considerably. Mainly due to the things my mother said while dear is still in the hospital, or after her death. Those words cuts my mum-in-law deeply but for her daughter, she chose to swallow them and remained silent about it.


My mum does not have a high EQ. Even towards many people, including myself, she show no regards for anyone's feeling by the way she speaks or act. Maybe she's just too rationale, too realistic. It's a fortunate thing, since she had help administerred the funeral while the rest of us were down with sorrow. I guess the world needs different kind of people for different purposes.


From a third party point of view, there're just to many explanations for and against the defence of any of them. The question is what role am I playing in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment