Friday, April 1, 2011

Look at the bright side

Dear,

Since your passing away, a lot of people have been concerned about my well-being and how I’m coping with this.
I really appreciate the gestures, although I could not understand or apply the advices given as yet.
Things are really tough once I start thinking about you.

Recently, Japan had a major earthquake that has kill thousands to date. Families were destroyed and life is bad due to the collateral damages to supporting infrastructure. Even the food were contaminated by radiation from the damaged nuclear plant.

There’s no end to their sufferings as yet.

Even locally, I hear things like this lady (age 29) died while giving birth. Only married for 1 year, and have not even enjoyed a single day of motherhood. Even closer was what happened to my classmate Derek who died and left behind his wife and daughter. Think he was around my age when it happened.

All these are very sad stories. I do feel a sense of pity for them.

I’ve no doubt that the surviving parties suffered as much as me, or even much more, but some how, it does not help comparing their sufferings to mine. A suffering is a suffering. Does not mean that just because you suffer more than me, I should feel better. What’s the point in comparing the bad things; or even the good things. I’m not the type that takes relieve in knowing others suffer more than me, nor do I strive to do better than others better than me. My challenges as always been within me, and never with others.

How I wish it help though.
Some might think that the disaster in Japan was timely so that I could reference it to make me feel better.
Well, unfortunately, it did not.
Which means, I still have a long way to go for my sufferings.

Good luck to me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment